I absolutely love this cream of broccoli soup! It's light. It's tasty. It's healthy. Even my husband, who is the biggest broccoli hater, had a bowl of soup. I had three... and I'm perfectly satisfied.
There is no need to use cream or milk for this soup because you will create the cream with potatoes and cashews. For the original recipe on food.com click here.
Ingredients:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1. Put the cashews and 1 cup of vegetable stock in the blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Put the remaining stock, potatoes, and onions into a large pot. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and basil and simmer for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Stir in the cashew mixture, salt, and pepper and bring just to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Transfer half of the soup into the blender and puree. Return the puree mixture into the pot and stir well.
I love to have little chunks of potatoes and broccoli in the cream. It is delicious! Bon Appetit.

No comments:
Post a Comment